Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mark Ryden


"In the same spirit as those earlier collectors filling their cabinets of curiosities, I feel compelled to collect quite a variety of things. I draw artistic inspiration from the treasures I find at the flea market. I like old toys, books, photographs, anatomical models, stuffed animals, skeletons, religious statues, and vintage paper ephemera. It is interesting how, from the endless sea of stuff out there, certain things jump out. They evoke a feeling of mystery in me and I am powerfully driven toward them. It is an obsession. I collect, arrange, and display them. Pieces from my collection end up synthesized or juxtaposed in my paintings."

Un pintor que encaja perfectamente en la definición del término kitsch es Mark Ryden, impecable técnica, mezcla de elementos de distintas culturas y épocas... No importa que tan grotescas sean las situaciones que pinta, sus figuras aspiran a ser juguetes o dulces, Él mismo se siente atraído a las cosas que evocan memorias de su niñez...



  • www.markryden.com

  • para mac users... chequen los iconos en:
  • pixelgirl
  • lástima no hay para pc...

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »